Monday, April 19, 2010

Time Passing...

A few nights ago, I was working on a photography project on one computer while my editor worked on a computer next to me. When the printer kept jamming up on her, I asked what was her project. She gestured behind her, and my eyes followed to neat stacks of paper laid out in two rows. Looking closer, I recognized photos that I had taken for the student newspaper that were on the front pages. I sat in silence for a moment, taking it all in. Each semester had seen 11 issues of our paper... 11 front page photos... 11 main events... Countless hours of keeping my eye to the viewfinder, lining up that "winner" shot.

Time passing tends to blindside me.

I've been learning a tough lesson in forgiveness these past three months. It's past the point where I am okay with seeing this person and not feeling... What's the word... Not angry, perhaps bitter. Yes, bitter seems to be correct. I am no longer bitter toward this person. I want to reach out, but I know my hand will be slapped away. Should I still reach out anyway? I'm not as hurt anymore, and have never been surprised.

Time passing tends to heal me.

This summer, it looks like I'll be staying here working two, possibly three jobs. 1) Marketing intern; 2) Restaurant server; 3) Data entry assistant. One summer, two semesters and three jobs stand between me and seven months in gorgeous Madrid! Probably the longest seven months of my life, for many reasons. Plans for the future race through my mind, with countless possibilities nipping their heels. Right now, though, life is good.

Time passing tends to excite me.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Rach. The seven months will go so fast. You will be really busy so that will help!

    ReplyDelete