Monday, January 11, 2010

Too much of a Good Thing

I'm ready to go back.

This has been my second Christmas break home after being liberated to attend college, and it has gone better than last year's. Which could be saying something? I'm still not sure how I feel about this break as a whole. More movies and books, less socializing, more family time. All in all, a good break.

I've discovered much about myself. Rather, re-discovered or confirmed things I knew about myself. I have returned to my introvert roots and socialized hardly at all. However, by choosing seclusion, I have re-discovered my need for people. I find myself craving those close relationships that have been on sabbatical because of distance.

On the other hand...

I just dropped $300 on books for this coming semester. Granted, $60 of that was on a Holga camera and film, which is a treat. A spoonful of sugar and all that.

I'm going to have to be more organized this semester than any other. Which probably isn't saying much, since I'm not orderly at all.

However, I'm eager to buckle down and get straight As. Since all my classes are for my majors, it's vital I do so.

Here's hopin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment